Are public networking sites like facebook orkut etc useful??

I don't know why generally people guys say that these websites are a waste. Well me being an net savvy guy, I say it’s useful so I thought of some points to strengthen my point, so here this goes:-

  • It’s a way to network and meet new people.
  • Well don't expect me to keep a record of all phone numbers and calling all my long list of friends from various schools I have attended (I had many), college and after college life etc I have been associated with.
  • Find your lost friends, old friends, far away ones and maintain contact with them.
  • For advertisers- (especially for adverts targeting specific net savvy audience or younger generation)
  • Earning way for others (see various applications in FaceBook or orkut etc, its a goooood business).
  • See what others are up to (sounds fishy) or make network groups etc.. kind-of time killing method. Anyways it depends on individual preferences and perception what he does with this info or meeting ground.

Well About WASTE of time-> well if you are not doing anything constructive then u are wasting time.. My personal point of view:- I don't like people sitting infront of these websites browsing others whole day and waiting for a scrap to pour in.

Anyways if you can think of any more points then add yours too.. :)

15 comments:

G.K.Menon

October 2, 2009 at 9:28:00 AM GMT+5:30

Well, Microblogging is a more straight and powerful approach. It evokes a feeling of elation, power and creativity.

personal ads

January 16, 2010 at 12:37:00 AM GMT+5:30

Thank you for this post, we are a online dating website blog network, which college students read our blog, so thanks and well post this article on our blog. women seeking men personal ads.

dknypg83

February 3, 2010 at 5:58:00 PM GMT+5:30

plus, u can play the 'farmer' thingy in fb!! lol... what i meant to say is, there are lots of application that would somehow benefit people!! some knowledge gaining and stress relieving ones... and through the link posting (alhough mostly consisting of video via youtube), u'll also gain information about the latest happenings and what not around the globe!! no, not on your doorstep - that's too far away, but in front of that 15" screen you're looking at now!! ;) have fun!! but of course, too much of anything can have adverse effects... cheers...

Unknown

February 5, 2010 at 3:50:00 PM GMT+5:30

Good post. I really like the way that you explained.
seo company

Ankit Shukla

February 7, 2010 at 1:17:00 AM GMT+5:30

Thanks guys.. :)

Nautical Home Decor

August 7, 2011 at 11:51:00 AM GMT+5:30

This is a GREAT post! I hope you not mind. I published an excerpt on the site and linked back to your own blog for people to read the full version. Thanks for your advice.

Nautical Home Decor

August 10, 2011 at 5:16:00 PM GMT+5:30

Man I like your post and it is so good and I am definetly going to save it. One thing to say the Indepth analysis this article has is trully remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Bravo!! Just one more tip you canget a Translator for your Worldwide Audience !!!

Fort Lauderdale criminal lawyer

August 31, 2011 at 3:44:00 AM GMT+5:30

This is a GREAT post! I hope you not mind. I published an excerpt on the site and linked back to your own blog for people to read the full version. Thanks for your advice.

Gwinnett Septic Tank Pumping

September 6, 2011 at 3:16:00 PM GMT+5:30

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice day!

Vancouver Internet Marketing

November 22, 2011 at 1:01:00 PM GMT+5:30

I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

Vancouver Chiropractor

March 20, 2012 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+5:30

I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!

Gerard Butler Workout

March 27, 2012 at 11:44:00 AM GMT+5:30

I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it.

Unknown

March 27, 2012 at 12:59:00 PM GMT+5:30

Thanks you. Very good post.Unless they can offer a really compelling reason for users to come back, it will be the next Bebo, MySpace

Jennifer

Aniston workout

Unknown

March 27, 2012 at 3:27:00 PM GMT+5:30

I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

Channing Tatum workout

Jake Gyllenhall workout

March 28, 2012 at 4:35:00 PM GMT+5:30

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.