That Bird.

Well today I am writing about an event which was revolving my mind from the morning till eve.

I was going to the bus stand at some distance from my house, and on the way saw 2 small children ( their height almost reached my knee) throwing stones in the small side drain which is just a few steps away from me, sort of clean one with little water in it and not at all deep.

At first I just went on some steps further, but then due to some curiosity, I turned around.. and saw a crane ( well kindof, Sorry i don't know the breed) lying there and those kids throwing stones. I simply yelled at them furiously and they ran away. Then I gave a second look at the bird and at the same time my bus came. I boarded the bus, just couldn't miss it.

In the bus, the face of that swan came to my mind every now and then. Various questions erupted in my mind. What if those children returned to continue their game? Was it right to leave that bird there dying? Atleast take it out from there? Should I had not boarded the bus and somehow helped it? and many many more...........I was also very much angry at those kids and then and i was in a kindof depressing mood..

Anyway, the day went on and i forgot about the bird. And in the evening when I retured back home it again came to my mind and i rushed to the same spot.

The bird was still there but was already dead. I took it out, just to confirm myself. Did the kids returned? It was then i noticed that the bird didn't had any kindof visible injuries and the stones which those kids threw were actually not aimed at it. My temper calmed down.

Was the bird suffering from disease, old age etc? Why didn't it flew away when the kids threw stones near it? Anyway I don't know the answer. I dont even know if I was even able to help it..

But what I now know is that those kids wanted to take that bird out of that drain but were afraid to go near it ( it could bite) so they rather tried the other way round throwing stones near it so as to scare it away. But still I just can't forget it.

5 comments:

Anonymous

November 23, 2008 at 9:15:00 PM GMT+5:30

hey ankit nice blog..i appreciate your talent man..you simply rock..yaar...cool..do visit my blog too..even possible cn u tall wat is a backlinks and how is it obtained....w8in for ur reply in my cbox

சிவாஜி

January 15, 2009 at 12:47:00 AM GMT+5:30

Hi, Nice blog. Thanks for backlink.
I have added yours in my list!

Regards,
gans
http://cute-pictures.blogspot.com

Anonymous

January 21, 2009 at 12:37:00 PM GMT+5:30

Great Blog Keep It Up

diptrix

May 8, 2009 at 1:56:00 AM GMT+5:30

good blog

Zerek

May 10, 2009 at 12:49:00 AM GMT+5:30

Hey Ankit, I am new to blogging. I like birds and see many in Florida where I live. I am glad you tried to save it. I am glad you found out that the kids were not trying to kill it. I am curious about many things. For some reason India has always fascinated me and I hope to read your blog and others to get a view of day to day life there that is not presented with the intent to sell me something. That little picture of you and the bus and the drain and the kids reminds me of how much we humans have in common. Thanks for taking the time to share.